01274 614291 Facebook circle blue small Google + circle red small

CUTE COMPANIONS

Private Day Nursery

Logo

We are registered to take 66 children:

 

>> 1 room for a maximum of 9 children age ranging from 3 months old to 18 months old

 

>> 1 room for a maximum of 9 children with ages ranging from 18 months old to 2 years and 4 months old

 

>> An annex accommodating a maximum of 16 children aged from 2 years 4 months to 3 years 3 months

 

>> Pre-school floor accommodating a maximum of 26 children ages ranging from 3 to 5 years old.

 

 

The staff ratio for children:

 

>> Under 2 years is 1 adult to 3 children

 

>> 1 adult to 4 children in the 2's to 3's unit

 

>> 1 adult to 8 children in the pre-school room

 

 

Staffing

Our setting is owned and managed by Catherine Gordon who is a qualified early years teacher, holding a degree in early years education, 95% of the rest of our early years practitioners are fully qualified to level 3 or above with the other 5% qualified to level 2 and currently training to level 3. A large number of our practitioners are parents and a couple even grandparents so they can fully appreciate your concerns as a parent when leaving your child. Other qualifications held by a number of practitioners are paediatric first aid, safeguarding, health and safety and food hygiene certificates.

 

Since September 1999 the nursery has been registered for the nursery grant scheme. We are now working with the exciting new Early Years Foundation stage. To provide a better educational program we have our "Learning Land" pre-school room set up for children aged from 3 to 5 years. This unit at present has 3 full time Qualified nursery nurses and a part time teacher working with the children. The grant funding is available to all children from the term after their 3rd birthday. Our pre-school provision can compete with the best of school nurseries and has  won best nursery design feature award for the north of England.

Ofsted Ofted logo See our latest Ofsted reports